Girls Golf provides a solid foundation for girls who want to play for fun with friends and family, to compete at the high school, college, and/or local, state, and national levels, or to learn for future career purposes, both inside and outside the golf industry.
The program offers a five-level progressive learning system on the course, starting from the green and moving back to the tee. Participants are divided into five levels. All levels include golf instruction and rules geared to the girls’ skill level. Girls work with LPGA instructors to learn the basics in rules, etiquette, full swing, short game, and putting. To more effectively teach the girls, they will be divided into their desired level.
$85.00 Annual Membership dues include:
- Membership card
- Membership roster
- Program gift
- Golf instruction from LPGA Teaching Professionals
Members will be entitled to:
- 10% merchandise discount at Furman University Golf Club
- Participate in all clinics and activities (held April thru August, every other week)
- Driving Range discount at Furman Golf Club
The Girls Golf at Furman program runs from April through August, with most events taking place on Tuesdays and Saturdays, offering a broad spectrum of activities, including…
- Skills Clinics
- Off-Course Events
- On-Course Competition
- Introduction to Golf Rules & Etiquette
Levels of Play:
Girls work with LPGA instructors to learn the basics in rules, etiquette, full swing, short game, and putting. To more effectively teach the girls, they will be divided into their desired level.
- LEVEL 1: (New Golfer) Very little or no on-course experience.
- LEVEL 2: (Birdie) Has had basic instruction in full swing, short game, putting, rules and etiquette. Prepared for the course.
- LEVEL 3: (Eagle One) Can play 9 holes, averaging between 65-75 strokes on a regulation course.
- LEVEL 4: (Eagle Two) Can play 9 holes, averaging between 55-64 strokes on a regulation course.
- LEVEL 5: (Advanced) Plays 18 holes, averaging 110 strokes or better on a regulation course.
Rules & Etiquette – “The Spirit of the Game”:
Unlike many sports, golf is played, for the most part, without the supervision of a referee or umpire. The game relies on the integrity of the individual to show consideration for other players and to abide by the Rules. Members of the Girls Golf learn to conduct themselves in a disciplined manner, demonstrating courtesy and sportsmanship at all times, irrespective of how competitive they maybe. This is the “Spirit of the Game”.
Members are required to learn a basic set of golf rules and points of etiquette in order to advance to the next level. A basic knowledge of the Rules of Golf also helps to make the game more enjoyable.
Clubs will be provided for clinics if a member does not have her own. Golf equipment may be purchased at favorable rates at Furman Golf Clubs Pro Shop.
Girls must always follow the Girls Golf code of ethics:
- Treat others as you would like to be treated.
- Replace Divots.
- Rake bunkers and repair ball marks so you leave the course better than you found it.
- Club throwing, swearing, cheating, littering or smoking are not acceptable.
- Always thank the host professional.
- Have Fun and Smile.